About Me

My photo
This summer, I am an intern at Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church in Sylva, NC through Project Connect. I will be attempting to discern whether I am being called to public ministry (ie being a pastor). This blog will cover all sorts of things I learn about, things that I find interesting and decide to pass on. It will also be about other fun stuff I am doing here in the mountains :D

Monday, May 30, 2011

It is well with my soul

So, as I'm sitting here with PR watching the 2008 IW dvd that I have (yes, I know, I'm a guard nerd), I realize that I haven't written in a day or two. So here's another post :)

PR told me the story behind "It is well with my soul," which is really sad. It added a whole new meaning to the show.

In church duties, I want to give a shout-out to Karen, Brian, Luke, Emily and Elizabeth. I have been put in charge of choosing three of the hymns for the service, and it is taking me FOREVER to choose the three for each service. So major shout-out to you folk!!

On Sunday, I was officially installed as the intern. I also was assistant, meaning I got to sing the Kyrie, write and give the prayers, among other things. It was really cool :-)

We're preparing for the NC Synod Assembly later this week and in doing that, I was in charge of folding a bunch of campus ministry brochures that I will be in charge of to pass out at the campus ministry table. I'm looking forward to Assembly!

Peace be with you all!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the stories behind hymns. It adds so much, not just to the song itself. Sounds like you are staying busy. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete