About Me

My photo
This summer, I am an intern at Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church in Sylva, NC through Project Connect. I will be attempting to discern whether I am being called to public ministry (ie being a pastor). This blog will cover all sorts of things I learn about, things that I find interesting and decide to pass on. It will also be about other fun stuff I am doing here in the mountains :D

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Thanksgiving Story...

So the day after Thanksgiving, the three cousins were talking about what our favorite food from the meal was. My cousin, who is a purist when it comes to cranberry sauce, does not like anything but the cranberry sauce from the can. He will eat others, but does not like it. One of the people who came for dinner brought a cranberry sauce that had a lot of ginger in it. When describing it, he said that putting ginger in cranberry sauce was blasphemy, and before I could stop myself, I found myself explaing that it was actually heresy, because heresy is either not going far enough or going going too far, and that by adding the ginger she had gone too far and... my two cousins looked at me like I had grown a third head. Wonder what they thought I learned over internship?

No comments:

Post a Comment