About Me

My photo
This summer, I am an intern at Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church in Sylva, NC through Project Connect. I will be attempting to discern whether I am being called to public ministry (ie being a pastor). This blog will cover all sorts of things I learn about, things that I find interesting and decide to pass on. It will also be about other fun stuff I am doing here in the mountains :D

Monday, July 18, 2011

Seven down, three to go

So, yesterday's service went well. PR is visiting her mother, so we had a fill-in pastor, Pastor Rosa. Pastor Rosa arrived at the church nice and early, which gave us plenty of time to talk through the service and what may have been different than what she was use to. Service ran smoothly (no major mess-ups). I was veryh thankful that we had Pastor Rosa. For a while, it was looking like I might have had to lead service, which since I've done it once, it'd be okay, but not my first choice. Thankfully, I heard from PR on Monday or Tuesday that Pastor Rosa was coming. It took stress off of me :)

It is really hard to believe that I have three weeks left. This summer just seems to have flown by! It seems like just yesterday that I drove the four hours up the mountain to get to this wonderful place. I've thought about a lot, learned a lot, and prayed a lot.

After my three weeks, I will be home for a week and a half, and then it's straight back here (this time for actual school). When I come back to SOTH, I will return to being the normal campus ministry student.

I must admit, I'm looking forward to being home, even if it's just for ten days. I'm already starting to plan out those days with what I'm going to do and who I'm going to see. It's the only way to get done all I need to!

Have a blessed week!
Peace

1 comment:

  1. You should definitely either:

    A) Visit me

    or

    B) Make a beach trip with me

    ReplyDelete